makeppt is a tool on the PPT server that creates a new PPT user and directory. Under normal circumstances this should only be necessary while onboarding a new customer, but there are occasionally exceptions. In total, the tool performs the following actions in the following order:
- Create the home directory for the new user by copying a template directory
- Add the new user
- Set the new user password.
- Adjust permissions on the home directory for the new user
- Create the web interface directory by copying a template directory
- Edit the configuration in the new web interface directory to reflect the new user
An example use of
makeppt is as follows:
If the tool is successful, it will output the following information:
adduser: warning: the home directory already exists. Not copying any file from skel directory into it. Success!
Otherwise the tool will output a nondescript error message. Be warned that because of the size of the template for the user’s home directory, running
makeppt can take a couple of minutes to complete.