The VmX Locator is an optional feature that allows people who have reached your voicemail to have additional options. By pressing
1 you can optionally specify alternate extensions or external phone numbers where the call can be routed.
Effectively the VmX Locator works as a sort of miniature auto-attendant that each user can configure to his or her preferences. Again, the VmX Locator is an optional feature and may not be enabled on your extension or anywhere within your organization. If you would like it enabled, please contact your IT provider or Ringfree technical support.
Configuring the VmX Locator Settings
To configure the VmX Locator settings, begin by accessing the User Control Panel using the instructions here. Once in the UCP, click the link labeled VmX Locator in the menu on the left.
Within the VmX Locator settings for your extension there are five options:
- Use When – This allows you to specify the voicemail messages during which the VmX Locator will be active. Check both options to enable it always.
- Voicemail Instructions – Check this to play the standard voicemail prompts after your message. Uncheck this to simply play a beep.
- Press 0 – Here you may optionally specify an extension or external phone number for the caller to be redirected to when they press
0on their phone. There is also a box that, when checked, will allow this option to redirect the caller to the operator (as specified in the phone system configuration).
- Press 1 – Here you may optionally specify a second extension or external phone number for the caller to be redirected to when they press
1on their phone. There is also a box that, when checked, will allow this option to redirect the caller to your Follow Me. To access/edit your Follow Me settings, please see here.
- Press 2 – Here you may optionally specify a third extension or external phone number for the caller to be redirected to when they press
2on their phone.
One you have completed editing the VmX Locator settings to your liking, click the button labeled Update toward the bottom of the screen to apply the settings.